愚愚币: 1911 YYB
在线充值
贡献值: 0 点
在线时间: 1877(小时)
注册时间: 2006-10-15
最后登录: 2012-04-21
楼主  发表于: 2009-07-08 20:27

口语翻译

Hello~ this is English studio. I'm Creature X.
It's been really hot recently, and one of the most pleasant thing might be staying in the shade where we could avoid direct sunlight. And towards the students who have been in the summer vacation, how would you spend the time? Probably some would prefer staying at home just like what I did many years ago, doing nothing but just relaxing.
Don't laugh at me, but this is the expression what I'm gonna share with you----to do nothing, in American slang, is to veg out. Veg:v-e-g, veg here means relax to the complete inertia. Veg在这里意为彻底放松,无所事事。 And if a person vegges out at home, he may be reading, listening to music, watching TV or just sitting there, without thinking anything complicated. 如果一个人在家里vegges out,他有可能在读书,听音乐,看电视甚至只是坐在那,但是脑子里什么也不想。 Or sometimes we veg out when we should be working or studying, but we don't feel like it.或者有时候当我们该做某事,却不想做,一拖再拖,那就是veg out.
Let's see some examples: Last night I just vegged out in front of the TV all night.昨晚我呆坐在电视机前一晚上无所事事。 People often veg out after a long day of working or studying. 经过长期的工作或学习之后,人们常会彻底放松下来。
That's all for today, try to use it when you tell the others you did nothing or would have nothing to do. Veg out,无所事事。Okey, see you next time~
本帖最近评分记录:
  • 愚愚币:+5(hzyzqq) 欢迎常来愚愚翻译版块 , ..
  • hello
    我荣幸地从中华民族一员的资格,而成为世界公民。我是中国人民的儿子。我深情地爱着我的祖国和 ..
    级别: 荣誉元老
    状态: 未签到 - [826天/826次]
    UID: 59922
    精华: 1
    发帖: 2112
    威望: 190 点
    积分转换
    愚愚币: 6129 YYB
    在线充值
    贡献值: 0 点
    在线时间: 3392(小时)
    注册时间: 2009-01-18